Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Pics of the 'boys'

bigcountry

I like the B10 also. It dont matter what color they are they all get loved just the same. Nice tractors,Matt

quote:
Originally posted by toad270
Thats pretty nice except all that green
I bleed green, they are what work the fields on the farm, but when I saw the deal on the AC I was all over it like flies on honey. I have a respect for all good machines. That leaves only the Murrays, MTD's, and Crapsmans out of the elite group I try to acquire.

quote:
Originally posted by comet66
Nice looking fleet!! But the B10 looks embarassed to be hooked to that green wagon.
I can't complain about the #50 cart, it was a freebie. My HS was cleaning out the Ag Shop and the #50 was in there because it had a flat tire, and the shop teacher knew I collected JD stuff, so he called me out of class to come and get it. I was all over that as I was the Big Ten like flies on honey.8D

I am loyal to the orange, but I'll will work with the other colors too from time to time. Green can be fine, along with some others. Nice collection!

What fleet are you talking about all I see is 1 tractor in the yard.That's why they paint those other things green so they blend in with the weeds.Bob

quote:
Originally posted by ka9bxg
What fleet are you talking about all I see is 1 tractor in the yard.That's why they paint those other things green so they blend in with the weeds.Bob
That 'green thing' on the far left is the money maker in the group. It pays for the other 2 to be able to even be in the picture.:D

I think thats green outside carpet on the steps. Nice tractors.What is the year make on the Jd in the middle if I may ask?

Yep, its green carpet (soon to be gone). The JD 140 is a 1969 model. It is considered an early 140 because it has the 3/4" wheel spindles on the front and has the old style sundstrand hydro. The 140 got a larger hydro in 1970 and 1" spindles in the front in '70 as well. The same hydro was used in just about all of the 300 series tractors (the 140's newer replacement), namely the 318 which was made from '83-'92. The '68 models had the 12hp Kohler K-301 while the 1969-74 tractors had the K-321 14hp.