Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

What will this project be used for ?

biggie_rat

Remove any symbols or spaces from the file name before you upload. Make sure it is between the [img] designators. If you have to, upload the pics again though I don't think you shoud have to just to fix them. Looks like a Broadmoor hitch modified to be a front axle lift for towing tractors.

Fixing The Dreaded.[img][/img] or diskette [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/images/disk.gif[/img] showing up instead of your picture. When you upload a Picture File and Your posting window looks like this.

And your preview window looks like this.

(1) Click on the [img][/img] Icon. Or the [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/images/disk.gif[/img] Icon (2) This window will open. Fill in your info,Click Submit.

(3) This window will open. Click on the file name.

(4) The Picture will open. Right click on the picture, Click on Properties.

(5) The Properties window opens. Note Address (URL).

(6) HighLite from /club2 to the end of JPG.

(7) Right click on the HighLite, Click Copy.

(8) Go back to your post and insert [ img ] [ /img ] bracketts.

(9) Paste the Picture URL you copied between the brackets.

(10) HighLite the original URL that you uploaded.

(11) Right click on the highLite Click on delete.

(12) Click on the Preview Button.

(13) Your Preview should show the finished product "YOUR PICTURE".

Use your Preview Button. You can fix some of the mistakes that Kent and the moderators have to fix. Start a new line for all pictures. One picture per line. All so put a Blank line between Pictures.

I'm not sure why this problem happens, but it happens to me "sometimes". My guess it long file names or long directory paths. I tend to make pictures in a large directory tree and I think when I upload a picture in some of these cases... I have the problem. Has anyone identified what's causing this problem?

quote:
Originally posted by biggie_rat

People that know me may figure this out, or maybe not. What is it ? It definately works, though. B.R.

quote:
Originally posted by biggie_rat

You're sharp daddycat! Or maybe it isn't the first time one of these have been made. As most of you know, an A-C or Simplicity hydrastat is hard to move when it isn't running and pushing the relief valves to roll it doesn't make much difference. When you are a one man team repairing a hydro pushing it on flat ground, let alone up my trailer ramp or onto my lift is rough if not impossible. I solved the trailer ramp problem with an electric winch and up the ramps of the lift with a hand winch, but when someone brings any tractor with a hydro and unloads it at a natural embankment at the road and the garage is on a slight upgrade, you need all of the help you can get.

Drive up to the dead tractor,

Lift the hydraulic lift,

With the back wheels off the ground, guide it in,

Job done, no back pains for this job. B.R.

Mike: What a great device! Did you invent that yourself? UCD: You're blow-by-blow photo upload tutorial is exactly what I'm gonna need soon, as I am getting closer to posting some pics here. How does that "bookmark" thing work? Can I use that as a sort of "Favorites" here, so I can find this post again without a search, when I do get around to downloading photos? Thanks, Peter

Kent: Cool. I was also askin' "How does that "bookmark" thing work?" But I guess it's just like "Favorites" on IE? I guess I'll find out, because I selected it while on this thread, so I presume I'll see it listed under "My Area" or whatever. A definite asset--thanks. biggie: I laughed out loud when I read this:
quote:
I found out quickly, too, it should be named "shinkiller" for the first, second and third time you walk around the front of the tractor and forget it is sticking out. The fourth time you remember it is there.
That sounds so true!!! The pivoting cradle seems like a nice touch. Apparently you service a lot of garden tractors, huh? And you're right about The Daddycat--he is pretty sharp. And he can usually make up his own mind without any help, too (i.e., a true independent thinker) which is a quality I've come to appreciate. But he's definitely in the top tier of innovators around here. As I'm firmly not in that class, I'm qualified to judge--I know how impressed I am by many of the inventors here. Btw, it seems you're off to a running start with your "Garden Tractor Wheel Lift"--way to go!

Peter, I think you give me too much credit but thank you for the compliment. In a case like this, I like to defer to Will Rogers who once said "We're all ignorant, just on different subjects..."

Kirk: You're welcome, and humble, to boot--lol. I laughed when I read the Will Rogers quote, which I'd never heard--that's pretty good! His quote is so simple, yet true, that it almost seems profound. Henry Ford’s quotations are similar, IMO, and I really admire his quotes (I don't admire his prejudices, or some of his business practices, but that's not a topic for this forum--just don't want to offend by leaving that part unsaid.) Here’s a Henry quote you might appreciate (couldn’t find the one I was looking for) that is pretty much on the same topic as yours, and biggie's invention: “Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it.” I got that quote off of a list of 55 of Henry’s quotes—I can’t vouch for it’s authenticity, but here it is: [url]http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/h/henry_ford.html[/url] Take care, all. Peter

I had posted aWhile back about making a Rear Wheel lift to do the Same thing, But that seems to work great.... Does it work on the "Cheapy Tractors" As well???