Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
mwells

B-series toys

mwells
We looked into getting some B-series toys made. They would be close to a persicion series toy. The only thing is we would have to have 5000 made. How many of you guys would buy them?? They would probably be at least $60.00 if not more.

Chris727
I'd probably buy one. I'd bet there are a lot of farm toy collectors and AC guys that would jump at the chance to have one. I have the JD 110 precision (wrong color) and have seen a few of the new Patio JD 140's w/implements and they look great. They also make a line of brinly sleeve hitch implements for a 140. They were really popular at the last toy show, but maybe thats because they were JD? I think Lawn and garden stuff is really catching on.

MN_FISH
I do like the precisions over the regular ones. But do to the price difference I usually get the cheaper one. The 1/64 ones are pretty small and not much detail. The 1/16 or 1/32 are great. I sure would like a few 9020 and 720 Precisions^:D. Some of the rare toys are pretty spendy. Now I'm trying to make a collection of all the tractors I've driven. Some I can get a bargain on and others they hurt the bank accountB)B). $60.00 wouldn't be out of line for the first in a series:). Let us know if they are going to be made.

mwells
We would probably start with the early B-series like the B-10's, Big Ten and the B-12. They look almost the same so the moldings would be the same. Just change the decals and paint colors and you would have a different model. Then IF they sell we can move on to other modles.

Chris727
Sounds like if we want to see this line introduced, people will have compromise to settle for tractors other than the one they own, in hopes that the line can eventually expanded through good sales, leading to introductions of more models. Michael, maybe you could get some feedback on the idea from some kind of a farm toy forum. I'd hate to see this idea killed due to a lack of interest.