Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Legacy 60" deck???

D-17_Dave

Anyone have any experiance with the new style decks on the legacies. I was wondering how they compared to the cutting, mowing, grass discharge to the quality of the older decks like on my 620.

Hi, "new style"? I have a 48" deck on my Legacy. The cut is great. I have had several other tractors, but this one gives me a good even cut. Up keep is easy. At some point I am buying gator blades because I would like it to mulch. The other decks I believe have the ability to do so. I hope this helps. Ron

I don't know if they have changed any, but the first 60" Legacy decks were the same as the Sunstar, with redesigned wheels and hangers to make it easier to remove. I don't know about the 620 decks, but I have two of the sunstar decks and have always been very pleased with the cut.

I have a 60" deck on my Legacy and it cuts just as great as the other Simp/ACs I have owned. The only problem I have is with the chute - I usually tie it up when cutting because it tends to "windrow" the clippings too much. This is probably because of the width of the cut vs. the design though. I can't compare it to a 620, but I would think they are the same. Some day when I find a deck for my 4041, I can give a head to head comparison. (Gotta fix more lawnmowers first - Wifes rule)

I love the 60" deck on my Agco 2027 Diesel .It mows just as well as 1999 Agco 918 with 48" deck that i had.