Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Lawn tractor vs garden tractor

Kent

Even if it's the wrong color, I think this picture on a different forum really makes the point... [img]http://home.woh.rr.com/hansgeisterfer/photos/johndeerex585/craftsmanlift2.jpg[/img]

Kent, One of those green things would look good in a bucket. Can't you borrow one from a neighbor?

quote:
Originally posted by HubbardRA
Kent, One of those green things would look good in a bucket. Can't you borrow one from a neighbor?
Afraid not -- I've got about all of them converted to Simplicities... :D Only one that isn't on this street that I know of is an Ingersoll bigger than any of mine.

quote:
Originally posted by Kent
quote:
Originally posted by HubbardRA
Afraid not -- I've got about all of them converted to Simplicities... :D Only one that isn't on this street that I know of is an Ingersoll bigger than any of mine.
And you dared bring a Bota into that neighborhood ?? You may be moving sooner than you expected. LOL [:0]:D:D

That pic reminds me of "How the Grinch Stole Christmas"... He took the load up to the top of Mount Crumpet, and there he stood ready and waiting to dump it!!! Heck, the Grinch was even green too, wasn't he...

quote:
Originally posted by rokon2813 And you dared bring a Bota into that neighborhood ?? You may be moving sooner than you expected. LOL [:0]:D:D
I'm keeping it around back, outta sight, in the barn... until it goes to Tennessee. :D

It's kind of a paper/scissors/rock game. Even a deere with a loader beats a crapsman any time doesnt it? Nice Pic!

It might be one of those marketing things. Years ago, there were two ways of sitting and mowing your grass, a garden tractor with the optional mower deck or a riding lawn mower with no options. Toro had quite a few RLM's as did some others. But I suppose that wasn't he-man enough and there was a cross over of words. I have a good friend that has a 20 year Craftsman 12HP RLM along with a snow blade. Five years I replaced the engine and two years ago I replaced the transmission. He swears by it and surprisingly there are no frame fractures and the mower deck is fine. I am not doing an endorsement for Sears, but if you know what you have and know the limitations, you can can a fair amount of life. Most people think their stuff is a garden tractor and then right out of the gate they try to pull shrubs up or some other silly thing and then can't figure out why they got the dopiest looking lawn in town.

Uh - oh .... Spring yard work and neighborly fence leanin was bound to bring out the "my tractor is bigger than your tractor talk . :p}:);) Looks like it is just a good neighbor thing helping in getting the "trash" cleaned up :D:D

I love it. One picture says a thousand words. Sure would like to see a simplicity with loader carrying one of the green machines.

quote:
Originally posted by ikipp
I love it. One picture says a thousand words. Sure would like to see a simplicity with loader carrying one of the green machines.
:DHmmm...}:)