Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Murray Sleeve Hitch

Roy

The attached photos are of the Murray sleeve hitch that I got from Daddycat mounted on my Sovereign.

The pictures show it mounted with spacers and long clevis pins. The spacers were cut from 1/2" schedule 40 pipe. Originally I had mounted it using the bracket for a Murray tractor. Works better this way.

Thanks, Roy! I have one of those sitting in my garage in a box -- to match the box blade that's still in its box several months later. You saved me a lot of time!

I took my Murray hitch, heated it, bent it to Simplicity width, cut it to a length I like and use it for those attachments that need the shorter mounting sleeve. It works pretty well. But I do like the idea of spacers and long pins. I was afraid of bending/breaking them if I pulled to much.

Where are you guys getting these Murry hitches ? How much are they ? Will this type of hitch fit the 725 with the spacer modifications ? Thnx for posting the pics and info. Thanx for any help Herm.

I picked mine up on Ebay for about $25 plus shipping. With the bending it fit great on the 101 and should fit the 725.

That hitch will work better with the rear hitches that have two bars on each side. If your 725 has only a single bar on each side, you might want to have only one long pin that will go through both sides. I think I still have a couple of those Murray hitches around, but I'll have to check as I'm not certain. PM me if you would like me to look for one, we can discuss details if I find any...