Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Bracket & Hole Quiz Question...

Well actually not a quiz question, but hoping you can give me some ideas what two items are or would be. 1) Below is my B112 which circle #1 is an area where I have two holes in my hood; would anyone know what those two holes might be for? I have a sickle bar which came with this tractor, but can't see what I might use those holes for. 2) In circle #2, I have an HB112 (no pictures of that tractor yet) which has a bracket here and I am curious what that bracket was for? The bracket would bolt where the one bolt is and in the other bolt hole, then leave a hole hanging off the tractor to hook something on. Now, all I can guess it that that bracket is for a Sicklebar which I also got a sickle bar pulley setup with the HB112, but unfortunately not the sicklebar. Ideas?

I don't know what the holes in the hood were for, but the bracket hanging down from the frame is the hook point for the chain of a sickle mower. This chain keeps the sickle mower from dropping too far down into a hole or ditch while mowing. The lift cable goes threw the pully towards the engine and backwards to the lift arm. These small brackets are bolted to the tractor frame and very often are overlooked when tradeing tractors or implements. Now that you have one, consider yourself lucky and kep it with your sickle mower.

Off the top of my head, the only thing I can think of that would use holes in spot #1 would be for a frame for a cab.... Are these the only holes, a cab would have them on both sides.

Kirk, I was guessing the same thing. I'll take a photo of the holes and the HB112 (which is due for a photo) and attach this when I get time. I'd appreciate the help figuring it out. This is my most "mint" original paint complete machine; I only use it to cut the grass on Saturdays or Sundays :) mg
quote:
Originally posted by thedaddycat
Off the top of my head, the only thing I can think of that would use holes in spot #1 would be for a frame for a cab.... Are these the only holes, a cab would have them on both sides.

Dave, The bracket for the cable lift sicklebar that you mentioned, doesn't mmount that far back on the tractor. It actually uses one of the bolts from the grill/hood support and the other end bolts up where the battery/gas tank support bolts to the frame. At least that where mine did. Rob