Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

What are they worth?

RonRobinson

Hi, My neighbor has several AC and Simplicity machines and what like to know what they are worth. 1) Sim 3112 V w/power lift and 50" deck. 2) 2010 w/power lift and 42" deck. 3) AC 916 hydro lift with 50" deck and front blade. 4) AC 616 6 speed parts tractor w0/engine. Each machine but the 616 is in good working order and only need minor paint. Any info would be great. The reason for the question is he would like to restore all to new. Thanks. Ron

Tell him there is just no market for that junk but you will do him a huge favor and take it off his hands for for a few hundred dollers.

Hi all, He is not selling them. He is trying to restore them. He wants to know when to fish or cut bait. Ron

What would you pay for them? It is all in the eyes of the buyer how much they would pay for them. Check our classifieds for comparable machines. Sad fact is they are worth more in pieces than whole. If you have to replace motor,most of the time you have exceeded value of tractor. My opinion only.

I purchased A simplicity 7117H and mower very similar as the 916 for $900 last year. It was in real good shape with some scratches on it but no visable rust. I would consider another couple hundred for the blade depending on the condition.

To get to the point of the question.The tractor are worth as much as someone will pay for them or put in them.The prices for tractors are going up almost very day.And so are some of the parts.Just my 2 cent worth Tony

I do not know what is going on here. Answer the question and get it out of the way. The ones to be laughed at are the ones taking the time to b***h about what type of question is being asked. We have all asked it at one time or the other. I have not posted in a while because I have been really busy with school. What happened here while I was gone? Sounds like everyone has a bad attitude. Is this sight getting too political? There is no sense in any of this. Good day

Ryan, I think everyone's point is this; prices are relative to condition, area, buyer dmeographics, spouse approval, etc. There is no set price,and no way to even guess without detailed pictures, unless you have someone interested and they make you an offer. IMHO, cut bait with prices you think can get for them, and fish with what you want to restore.

Tom, I do understand the relevance to condition and location etc. The only why I can price anything is to monitor what I have and see what they are selling for on ebay and this sight. The thing that touched me wrong is the people will get laughed at. Thanks

Well at least as far as the old atage goes, if it runs and cuts grass its $300. He has around $500 in each. The economy for him, well lets just say it hit him hard, but he still wants his hobby. It in his mind is easier to keep and restore if in the long run he can get something back out of it. Thanks for all the info. Ron