Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tractors and Chickens

beuce

Below are a couple pics of my tractors. Had fun Sunday tilling the garden with the T-16 and picking up leaves with the 3112V. I swapped rear ends on the 3112V Saturday along with the BGB shaft, seems to be running pretty good now.

The little Craftsman lawn sweeper works pretty good!

Decided to get a few chickens this year. 6 hens and one rooster, they took over part of my garden.

The hen house.

Thanks for looking! Brian

Nice looking setup! I have a 3212H with a 36 inch tiller. Haven't used the tiller yet but I'm planning to as soon as I get the belt and pully bracket from my buddy I got the tractor from. He has one of those sweepers for it as well. I see the T16 still has the chains on? Do you need these when using the tiller? I see you didn't spend a lot on fence posts. Ha Ha :>) Fresh eggs are the best... My in-laws have chickens. Once you have tried farm fresh eggs you will never by store bought ones ever again. Best of luck with your farm and tractors...

Rick, Thanks! I just haven't got around to taking the chains off yet. I just got the T-16 this winter and threw the tiller on to test it. The fence posts are Ironwood I cut out of my woods. Very cheap indeed :D. With only 6 hens I have more then enough eggs, just gave a dozen away yesterday.

By the title I thought this might have been a Knock-Knock joke or something. lol Nice looking bunch of stuff for the yard.

I used to want chickens but changed my mind. That sweeper looks kind of like this one offered with the AC 700 series. Maybe it was made by Parker for sears?

The chickens are a blast. Fun to watch and not very much maintenance. I would like to eventually have about 20 hens and get rid of the rooster, he is a little rough on the hens. The Sears sweeper does sort of resemble the Allis one. The leaf catcher looks almost identical. I will have to check out the tag on my sweeeper and see if it has Parker stamped on it anywhere. Thanks to everyone for looking....

• 8 months later...
You have a nice set of tractor there.I like the sweeperyou have there.It looks factory to me. I like the chickens you have there.