Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Here they come

rokon2813

Spring must be here, here come the tractors. :D:D A distant neighbor, 1/2 mile away, stopped in and asked me if I wanted an old "White" lawnmower for $50. Has no battery, and a trans problem. I had to say no, cant afford it right now. He said okay, I'll drop it off then and when you turn it over bring me $50.[:0] How do you say no after that ?? Turns out its "real old" 1995. By looking, I would guess pretty low hours too. He stuck a jump pack on it, fired it up and drove it to me. 13 hp IC briggs with 38" deck.

Heck I bought a murry from a guy for 50 bucks. It had a rear grass catcher and a dethatcher for 50 bucks. Bought it for the dethatcher a tire possibly for a friend. The motor had the rod hanging out of the block. Talking with a neighboir he had a craftsman with a decent 12hp I/C briggs, it kept stallin and flooding. well bough it for 20 bucks. took the motor from mower B placed it in mower A with a new float for free. Put a sign on it sold it the next day for 350 bucks. I kept the dethatcher, made a nice profit . might have gotten more but figured luck was on my side for a change , off load it and be done with it. James K.