Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Old Engine Parts. Sources

Al

Hi, After reading about the engine parts, I thought I would mention a couple of friends of mine that buy up old obsolete inventory and sell it. Both of these people will buy old parts in lots from dealers, or any source. Just provide them a list and part numbers and they will quote. Both have a lot of old and unique parts. Bob actually has magneto coils made to replace really old NLA parts that have a high demand. Source 1 Sislers Small Engine Sales and Service 11230 Hwy 52 South, Dubuque, Ia. 52001 Phone:563 582 8551 Andy Sisler is not open mornings, but is open into the evening, so I would call after 2 pm CDT. Has a lot of NOS parts for everything. Engines, chain saws, whatever. He is a Good Ole Boy Source 2 Bob's Small Engine Repair. 505 5th Ave Marion, Ia 52302 Phone 319 377 3339 Bob Blin is a Good Ole Boy also. He does a lot on the internet, but I don't have his e-mail address. He is into Old engines, etc and is also a factory service center for some trolling motors, and he has parts made for Maytag engines etc. Both of these guys are friends of mine and will treat you well, or they always have me. I didn't tell them about doing this, but am sure they will be glad because they both have tons of inventory.

Thanks Al, that's very thoughtful, and helpful. I bookmarked it. (Kent learned me a new trick--lol). I especially appreciate the tip re: chainsaw parts. I'm partial to a couple of old soldiers who aren't getting any younger. Thanks again, Peter

Thanks Al. When you are into older machines, it is good to have friends with like interests. I've printed off the info and will have it place it in my shop manual box.