Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

16hp Briggs oil pan

B.Ikard

Gents, I am in the process of getting a cast iron 16hp Briggs together as a standby engine for my 7012/14. My 16 Briggs is from a Gilson with the oddball oil pan so I bought a Simplicity mounting pattern pan on Ebay.... It arrived today and it is made out of Aluminum-I suppose it will work but I was hoping for cast iron. I suppose I was used to Kohlers being cast iron :) Is the oil pan aluminum on the 32 series Briggs on the 7016 and 7116 tractors? How about the 10hp's? Thanks, Ike

All the briggs pans I have seen for the allis and simplicity tractors have been aluminum also. The ones in the wards and gilsons was cast iron but it also served as the pivot and mounting point for the front axle.

I just bought a Briggs 10hp aluminum oil pan which I will use on a 14 hp Gilson Briggs. A check on the parts list showed same common part number being used on both engines.

Does anyone have a supply for the oil pan gasket? My local guy is having a hard time getting one. The gasket is the same for the 10 and 16 horse Briggs...