Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Going rate question on Soverigns

Paul_B

My dad is beginning to have a rough time lifting the snow blower or tiller on his Simplicity 6200 series tractor. He's been thinking of a Soverign type tractor with a hydo lift to make things easier. What do these typically sell for when they are are in good running condition?

Production of the Sovereigns ended around August 2000. So the newest ones are almost 5 years old now. I would say $2,500 to $3,000 is a decent price for one about 5 years old, that is as long as it is in good condition. Before they ended production, their list price was around $6,500. The problem with buying a used Sovereign is, after talking to my Simplicity dealer, we both agreed that used Sovereigns in excellent condition are very hard to find. Most people who own them know how reliable they are and they will not trade them or sell them for anything. Keep checking on E-Bay. I have seen some decent Sovereigns and A-C's on there. Good Luck!!;)

Paul it really depends on wether you're looking from a dealer or private sale. At our dealership Ive seen 7100 series and Soverigen 18hp with lift go for $899 to $1999. From private sales I've picked them up for as little as $200 and turned them down at $1200. Like anything else, location, supply and demand and service/parts availibility all factor into the price. I know this is not really the answer you are looking for but it's all a roll of the dice in the used equipment game.

I just picked up a 7116 hydro with hydro lift and a 48" deck a couple weeks back for $500. I wanted the hydro drive and lift so my 10 year old could use it to help out with things. The hydros make it easier for both kids and those without "Power by Armstrong" to use.... Heck, even my 8 year old has no trouble with it, and the 6 year old("Give me a break Daddy, I'm ALMOST 7!!!") wants to try it too.