Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
msiebern

Blinded by Color

msiebern
Well, I finally got what I consider a bargain at an auction tody. One of the local equipment rental places has an auction every 2 to 3 years to sell off inventory and get funds to buy new. This rental place also deals in the "GREEN" machines and they usually go at nearly new price even though they have been rentals for the fast several years. Along the line of "other misc. items" was a pallet with a Simplicity front blade with spring trip and remote angle adjustment in excellent condition. Also on the pallet was a blower unit for leaf collecting. Also found an offbrand cart and vacuum top with a flat tire.

Got the pallet with the dozer blade and vacuum, and the cart with the vacuum top all for under $50. Sometimes its good to be the oddball in the crowd. Ther couldn't have been another Simplicity person in that sea of green and let it go that cheap. At least I think I got a good deal ?

AGCO918
Joe, I am always at work when the good stuff sells as i have to work every saturday.The chickens dont stop laying eggs and since there is 10 houses on the farm i work somebody has to take care of them.We have over 800,000 + on the farm i work at.I have to take a vacation when the orange stuff sells to be able to get anything.

msiebern
After reading about everyone else's finds and freebies over the past year, I had almost given up hope of ever getting a deal. Hard to tell how many years will pass before I get another lucky shot. Thanks for all the feedback and posts that have appeared in here in the past that help elevate all of our knowledge so when we see something sitting in the weeds or on a pallet with misc items we have a better idea of what it is and if it is complete. BTW - They sold a J.D. blade that was not near as good a short time later for $120. Anything GREEN went for $$$.