Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

620/Powermax Seat Restoration

620Doc

The seat on my Allis-Chalmers 620 is showing it's age. Is there an original or near original seat available? I have seen a few generic seat replacements at Tractor Supply, but don't like how they look. What have members of the forum done?

I had a good seat on mine but the rough terrain and the low slanted seat back just killed my back. So I replaced with this. It's a seat off what we used on our Tobacco harvester 's we made. Lots of cushion, has arm rests the fold up out of the way and a nice straight high back. It's a uper upgrade from the orriginal. Musc easier on my back and other regions. It also has a pressure switch in the lower seat for looping the PTO through in case your concerned about the kids opperating the deck. It's around a 75.00 seat from Nourthern or some tractor supplier I think, but well worth it. Very durrable too. Ecept for the screwdriver in the pocket thing.[:0]

I'm sure there are others availiable, but this is what I did and I like the results.

Dave, that seat looks like a LazyBoy recliner. Just need a cup holder and a remote to be good to go!