Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Rear liftable ball hitch.

HubbardRA

I just finished fabricating this hitch for my AC716H with hydrolift. I wanted to be able to back up to a trailer and lift the ball into the coupler from the seat of the tractor. It works pretty well. I moved my two trailers with it today. I like it. This picture shows it in the lowered position.

This picture shows it in the lifted position.

This picture shows the slide that I made so that the hitch position can be adjusted. This also allows other things to be attached to this mount other than the ball. The slot is clearanced for 3/8 inch bolts.

Pretty slick set up Rod. Nice job. A guy just dropped off a 400 series for me, and said he has a complete hydraulic set up he may sell me. Joe

Looks pretty good there Rod. I do the same thing with my 620 3-point. Is it resorceful or just lazy to make stuff like this?lol Hey Joe, what kind of hydro lift did the 400's come with? I'm not sure I've ever seen a hydro lift on a 400 cept the B-series hydrolift that Mack is installing on his.

quote:
Originally posted by D-17_Dave
Looks pretty good there Rod. I do the same thing with my 620 3-point. Is it resorceful or just lazy to make stuff like this?lol Hey Joe, what kind of hydro lift did the 400's come with? I'm not sure I've ever seen a hydro lift on a 400 cept the B-series hydrolift that Mack is installing on his.
I'm pretty sure They never offered a hydrolift for a 400, but I wish they did.

Dave, It wasn't off a 400 series. But that doesn't mean it can't GO ON one.:D ;)I think Mack has that about proven.

Joe, Dave, The lift cylinder on that 716H is from a Sunstar, the valve is from a 4041, the rear lift group is from a 310, the lift lever is from a 410S. The cable and pulley are homemade. It all works together.

Rod that is trick! I've got a ball hitch scabbed up for the rear lift on my 17GTH but it's nothing a neat at that.

• 2 weeks later...
Nice job ! It is not being lazy, it's working smarter and faster using your head not your back. Good work.

After seeing that hitch I'm now wondering if something simler could'nt be made for 3 point hitch equipment, to fit on sleeve hitch tractor. Rod you just gave me an idea.

Ken, Funny you should say that. I was just looking at an old Sears three point plow from a Suburban yesterday. My first thought was an adapter that bolted directly to the slot after removing the ball on the one shown above. It may need a little adjustment on the lengths of the pivot arms, because the one for the ball is made to lift without any pivot. I think you would want a plow to pivot when coming out of or going into the dirt. Anyway, I was just thinking, but didn't design anything. Don't even have the whole Sears plow, just the beam and three point hookup on the front end.

• 1 month later...
Since originally making this post, I have found that hanging a front axle or a rear hitch on that ball makes a good way to move junkers around the yard. I need to make a special bolt-on hook for this purpose. I'll put that on my list of time-saving goodies that I need to make.

• 5 months later...