Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
wantedinct

Hydro-lift question

wantedinct
I was wondering if anyone else has, or had this problem. The hydro-lift on the 3112 i just got leaks like crazy, its coming right out of the center of the fill nut,it looks to me as if it fill nut is also the vent,there's a very small hole in the center of the nut, the system is not over full. i was thinking of replacing the nut with a pipe plug, but im not sure if thats a good idea.

oldone
Did you have it apart before, and the tank not lined up the right way? You must have to much oil in it. or would not leak from the fill plug. Don't forget that the oil exspands when it warms up. John

ReedS
What type of oil is in the system? If I recall correctly the proper oil is a sae 30 weight motor oil. If you have an improper oil in the system the leakage may be caused by foaming or expansion as suggested. Just my 2c.;)

HubbardRA
I think that you should also fill the reservoir with the cylinder rod retracted. If you fill it with the cylinder extended, then it will be over-full when the cylinder is retracted.