Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New mid mount and front blade

hdrhdr

For those that have been following "my new deck" topic, I had talked about my 2 blades. I was able to get them finished over the weekend. This is the front blade finished. I was able to tape over the original Simplicity decal and manf. tag with model # and save both of them. I didn't sandblast either one of these because I new they would have the paint wore off as soon as I started working on the driveway. I sanded smooth, primed and painted. They look good for pictures, but are going to get allot of work done!!!

I had to build the hitch for the mid-mount blade

And now for the Chevy and blade (cats name is Chevy)

I don't have the front replaceable scraper bar mounted yet. I hope to pick it up today from the sheet metal shop. I had them punch the square bolt holes in it. I will get them mounted on the Landlord for pictures this week and then remounted on the 725. It will be the dirt/gravel pusher while the Landlord will be the mower. Randy

Rod, yes I was going to try and mount both at the same time. I have made a bracket to mount them together using the front blade hitch to mount to tractor. Has anyone else had any luck with this setup??? Randy

Excellant job again Randall.......................That HB still looks pretty sharp Maynard........How the generator work? Rob

comet66, I only have one lift on the tractor so when one is up the other is down. Nice setup Maynard. I would love to build a bucket, but my scrap steel has all dried up. they stopped throwing it away and now they sell it to the Recycling Center. Randy

quote:
Originally posted by hdrhdr
Rod, yes I was going to try and mount both at the same time. I have made a bracket to mount them together using the front blade hitch to mount to tractor. Has anyone else had any luck with this setup??? Randy
Hey Randy, before you mount them could you take a picture and some measurements of your bracket? I could use one or two my self. Elon

All you need to do is mount the front blade in the place it goes and off set the grader blade useing 2 inch pins. That is how I do mine and no problems yet.

quote:
Hey Randy, before you mount them could you take a picture and some measurements of your bracket? I could use one or two my self. Elon
Elon, I hope this helps. I used 1/2 x 1-1/4 bar stock and 1/4" plate. The cross brace is 2-1/2"x 1/4" angle iron. [url="pop_download.asp?mode=Edit&dir=hdrhdr&file=16337"][img]images/disk.gif[/img][/url] Roy, I used my bandsaw to cut the plate. Randy

Randy, Guess all I need now is a vertical bandsaw. I have a power bandsaw but it will not convert to vertical for cutting plate. Did you make a pattern or drawing of the flat parts? Thanks,

quote:
Elon, I hope this helps. I used 1/2 x 1-1/4 bar stock and 1/4" plate. The cross brace is 2-1/2"x 1/4" angle iron. [url="pop_download.asp?mode=Edit&dir=hdrhdr&file=16337"][img]images/disk.gif[/img][/url] Randy
Hey Randy, I was wondering what you used for the bracket on the blade itself? I managed to scrounge up a 40 inch piece of 'toothed' grader blade awhile back and have mulling over how to make it all work. The picture of your brace is outstanding (the one in the file attachment...with the measurements) and all I need is some ideas for the blade bracket and I should be able to get one fabbed up for a 40 ouncer of white rum!! I'd certainly appreciate any insights. Cheers,

Roy, I just started with to pcs of 1/4" squared plate and took measurements from the original push blade hitch. Angles came out to be a about 45°. I have a horizontal cut off bandsaw and when I raise it up I can use it like a vertical saw. Randy

dbf, the grader blade already had the bracket on it. I just had to fab the hitch. My blade was for a Broadmore 990298 and you can also look up 990237 on the Simpicity page. They have different set up on both and you can choose which one you would like to build. randy

Hey Randy, thanks for that. I dropped your pictures (and a couple of drawings) off to the guy how is going to make the hitch for me. He is quite confident that your picture will suffice for the actual fabrication of the hitch. For the blade bracket, I've decided to use the design of the 990237. It's simpler than trying to bend a bracket up such as yours. I'll post a couple of pics when I get it back. Again, thanks for the pictures and advice.