Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Yard sales have begun

Chris727
I've got one of those too. Its the earlier kind of walker cultivator. The weight holder was probably added on. It will work with a brinly sleeve hitch or an AC sleeve hitch.

Nick
Here are some more pictures. It does look like the weight holder was added on.

Chris, can I see some photos of yours? How would I go about hooking this up to an AC sleeve hitch? Got to order some wheels from surplus center and get my workshop finished so I can sandblast it.

Nick
Chris, Yours HAS to be the same as mine. I want to thank you for all the info you provided. It sure helped. I did find some wheels at Tractor Supply and will get them from there. Oh, and if anyone needs the info either now or later on for replacing these tires they are 10-2 wheels with a 5/8" Bore. They usually can be had for under $10.00 a piece.

Chris727
It was no problem Nick, just glad I could help. Hope to see yours all fixed up soon. I think new tools for it should also be easy to find if you need them. Mine has sweeps on the ends and I was thinking of converting it to all sweeps instead of shovels.

Rob-B
Morning Nick, The piece I believe your calling a weight bracket that was added is actully a railroad slide plate. Which is used in a switch area. It holds the rails in place where the rails come together to closly to use regular tie plates. Rob

ehertzfeld
quote:
Originally posted by Rob-B
Morning Nick, The piece I believe your calling a weight bracket that was added is actully a railroad slide plate. Which is used in a switch area. It holds the rails in place where the rails come together to closly to use regular tie plates. Rob
Your such a railroad geek!!!:o):D}:) Elon