Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Yard sales have begun

Nick

I picked this cultivator up yesterday for $25.00. Needs a little TLC and a sandblasting. Noticed it's the kind you must add weight too. Weren't these type meant for the brinly style hitches?

Looks like one for the walk behind tractors minus the lever. [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/images/walkers/cultivator.jpg[/img]

I've got one of those too. Its the earlier kind of walker cultivator. The weight holder was probably added on. It will work with a brinly sleeve hitch or an AC sleeve hitch.

Here are some more pictures. It does look like the weight holder was added on.

Chris, can I see some photos of yours? How would I go about hooking this up to an AC sleeve hitch? Got to order some wheels from surplus center and get my workshop finished so I can sandblast it.

Nick, my cultivator has air-king 10-2 wheels. Probably the size you should try and get. Sure would look nice sandblasted and painted.

Chris, Yours HAS to be the same as mine. I want to thank you for all the info you provided. It sure helped. I did find some wheels at Tractor Supply and will get them from there. Oh, and if anyone needs the info either now or later on for replacing these tires they are 10-2 wheels with a 5/8" Bore. They usually can be had for under $10.00 a piece.

It was no problem Nick, just glad I could help. Hope to see yours all fixed up soon. I think new tools for it should also be easy to find if you need them. Mine has sweeps on the ends and I was thinking of converting it to all sweeps instead of shovels.

• 7 months later...
Morning Nick, The piece I believe your calling a weight bracket that was added is actully a railroad slide plate. Which is used in a switch area. It holds the rails in place where the rails come together to closly to use regular tie plates. Rob

quote:
Originally posted by Rob-B
Morning Nick, The piece I believe your calling a weight bracket that was added is actully a railroad slide plate. Which is used in a switch area. It holds the rails in place where the rails come together to closly to use regular tie plates. Rob
Your such a railroad geek!!!:o):D}:) Elon