Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
WITom

New mower blades from oregon

RayS
Bob, The gator blades that they make seem to me like they are alot harder than OEM blades you don`t have to sharpen them nearly as much. But if there is a coating on the fusion blades you would think that would be gone after a good sharpening.

KVANDY12
I think they mean that we wouldn't have to have a special grinding stone to sharpen them. LIke diamond imbeded or something like that. But I'm with Ray on how deep is the hardness in the metal or a coating. I have gator blades and they are a heap better than OEM blades.

WITom
From what I read about them, it isn't really a coating, it's somehow "in" the steel cutting edge. Actually, I stumbled upon these while looking for Gator blades for my deck. I have a Deutz Allis 1914 (Sunstar) with a 42" deck and wouldn't you know, they don't make Gators for that deck. This deck uses 14 1/2" blades, with a 1" center hole, and they are "formed", rather than a straight blade. No such Gator exists. They make'em for the 48" decks, but not mine. Bummer. WI Tom