Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
FLANIGAN

b 212 want go into gear

stevenj
You need to adjust the clutch to get the belt from turning when you depress the clutch. There is a post with the instruction on how to adjust the clutch and I'm sure someone will post it. Found one. Try this link. http://www.simpletractors.com/service/vari-drive_adjustment.htm I know Maynard (UCD) has posted a scan of the instruction sheet for adjusting the vari-drive system. Try searching the posts or the archives. In the interim, try placing the variable speed lever in range 1 before you shift gears. This causes the belt to ride higher on the transmission pulley and this has a better chance of allowing the belt to drag on the pulley getting it to stop. If you have the clutch adjusted to lift the belt too high off the pulley halves you can get the belt to not touch the transmission pulley halves even though the belt doesn't move when the clutch is depressed. If the belt does not drag on the pulley halves, you have to wait for the input shaft on the transmission to coast down before you can shift without grinding.

HubbardRA
I agree with Dave. Most times it is the belt guides that are causing the problem. They should be nearly touching the belt when the clutch is released. I set mine with only about 1/16 clearance.