Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

b 212 want go into gear

FLANIGAN

I can't get my b 212 in to gear when I push the clutch in and try go get it in gera the tranmission ginds it will go in to first but there is still some grinding thanks for sny help

You need to adjust the clutch to get the belt from turning when you depress the clutch. There is a post with the instruction on how to adjust the clutch and I'm sure someone will post it. Found one. Try this link. http://www.simpletractors.com/service/vari-drive_adjustment.htm I know Maynard (UCD) has posted a scan of the instruction sheet for adjusting the vari-drive system. Try searching the posts or the archives. In the interim, try placing the variable speed lever in range 1 before you shift gears. This causes the belt to ride higher on the transmission pulley and this has a better chance of allowing the belt to drag on the pulley getting it to stop. If you have the clutch adjusted to lift the belt too high off the pulley halves you can get the belt to not touch the transmission pulley halves even though the belt doesn't move when the clutch is depressed. If the belt does not drag on the pulley halves, you have to wait for the input shaft on the transmission to coast down before you can shift without grinding.

Check the belt guides around the pullies. These must be i place for the belts to be trapped around the pullies so the belts don't drag.

I agree with Dave. Most times it is the belt guides that are causing the problem. They should be nearly touching the belt when the clutch is released. I set mine with only about 1/16 clearance.