Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Dads tractor

SmilinSam

[img]http://a3.cpimg.com/image/11/5B/47102993-c70b-01AC0186-.jpg[/img] My dad is cleaning house of stuff in the shed. Said he'd give me his old tractor to use for myself if i found him a pull behind vac for his lawn tractor. So I did last week. Brought home the 712H with the frame mount vac collector and a 36" tiller. I painted it and rebuilt the gear box for him a few years ago, but he never even started it afterwards. Its been sitting the whole time. He bought it new from the Alexis Illinois Allis dealer back in 1974. Traded in his Simplicity 3112V .( I know who currently has and uses that one too) He used this 6 hrs a week every week mowing for about 20 years before the engine got overhauled. I never got to drive it when I was a kid at home. My kids are going to get to use it here though if they want or need to. I brought it home Friday night. Put another battery in it Saturday and mowed yard. Tiller looks like new. He hardly ever used it. I doubt it will do much sitting here...

Hydro, AGs, wheelweights, all you need to add is a hydrolift. Nice looking tractor, and sentimental value too. I'd take good care of that one.

Its a beauty, Sam! Gosh, it is kinda like winning the lottery but a little better. You get to look at your treasure and use it too.

What a great story! And with the way you've brought up both your boys to appreciate these old machines, I'll bet it will be just as "treasured" by the next generation...

That is great that your dad gave it to you after all these yrs.Sounds like you have been around orange one way or the other all your life.Tractor looks like it has been very well taken care of.