Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hey Roy...................................

SmilinSam

I told you I wouldn't send the tiller but here's the picture I said I'd send.... [img]http://a3.cpimg.com/image/C3/8A/47199683-32be-01CA019C-.jpg[/img] You sure you don't want me to send that extra hoe I have?:D

Sam, You would not pour salt in a man's wound would you???? :p I appreciate the offer but please keep your hoe. My other half might expect me to use it. Cheers,

Hey Sam what is the mfg. number on that tiller. I think we have two or three in the "trade in" pile at the dealership.

I don't know I have the 169 part, the rest of the tag is gone. Dad bought it new in 1975 or 76 about a year after he bought the tractor. I think he only used the tiller once or twice in all that time. It looks like it too.. We got to find Roy a tiller before he's forced to commit manual labor :D

quote:
Originally posted by dirtsaver
Hey Sam what is the mfg. number on that tiller. I think we have two or three in the "trade in" pile at the dealership.
Here are three nimbers and it appears that they were all somewhat interchangeable, 990545, 990694 and 1690039. This is from the list I supplied a few years ago and stops about 1981. All of those are 36" tillers. I thought one of those 36" tillers would look nice on my 7116. Last fall I disassembled the tines on my 32", beat a couple of them straight and gave all an edge with the grind stone and my 3112 doesn't seem to work as hard. Roy maybe you be needing to talk to "Dirt" as he is closer to you then Sam.:)

Larry, you got 2 of those tillers?? I would like to have one for my 2012. Roy, I will even take my truck to get them!! (Just looked at the map, too long a drive!! I will keep looking closer to home!!)

I have three tillers, one of the old curved top 32" and one each of the 36"(one that takes the old style PTO and one like that in the pic) and I should be getting another one next weekend.;) If everything works out I will be picking up a 63/64 Landlord with blower, tiller, cart and sickle bar.:D Along the way I'm trying to arrange picking up Kent's revitalizer and a front counter weight for myself, maybe dropping off one of my Sweepsters... Looks to be a busy day!!

Sam , That tiller looks as close to new as i have ever seen.You sure run into the good stuff out your way.I would love to find a Allis Chalmers Self propelled push mower that has never seen use but again,i am dreaming i know.You should wax that tiller to protect it before it gets much use as good of shape that it is in.

I got one of those "like-new" tillers in my package deal for my Sov (17GTHL). I have yet to use it, I'm saving it for when my other 36" needs to be redone. Can't say how much I'd paid, you'd say I stole it. I have two 36" tillers. I have a yellow one with the clutch on it and I've been real happy with it, I use it so much I'm afraid I'll wear it out.