Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Boney

Rim help please

Boney
I am in somwhat of a crossroad situation. The front rims on my725 have bushings instead of original bearings and are too big for the shaft. The rims are good but rusty. I would like to fix them up but by the time I get new bushings sand blast them, paint them I am woundering would I be better off buyying new??? My qestion is,,Does anyone know of a place to by rims for these tractors with a 3/4'' shaft ? I am also getting new tires for the front. I have called a Sim dealer and they had trouble with it,,,,werent to friendly Thnx Herm

SmilinSam
Been a while since I restored one , but I think the front rims on the 700's used bushings instead of bearings. I wonder if the rims you have are from a earlier 700?

thedaddycat
I believe Sam is correct about the earlier ones(700 WB and 700) using the bushings. I have run into that myself once or twice. If you feel like making a trip down I'm sure I can hook you up with a trade for the rims and maybe even decent tires too. I have both sizes of tire machines so swapping tires around isn't a problem either..