Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Differential Gears on Big Ten

campbell

Hi everyone, This is the first time I've written to a wesite forum before and I hope I'm following proper etiquette here. I have a '65 Big Ten that needs new gears in the rear end and I haven't found anyone here in Washington that can locate them for me. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank, campbell

Welcome. I can't help you personally, but from prior postings, it looks like club members have been given good service by most of the sponsors shown on the home page. For example, a member in Alaska gets parts shipped from Sandy Lake.

Hi and welcome to the club.You can try some of the sponsors and you can try to put a want ad in the classified of the group too.Tony

I'm not sure if you want rear end gears or diff gears But heres some rear end gears on ebay right now That I think will work can the members help with this as far as fitting http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4375229038&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

That eBay listing is for the tranny internal gears, while the topic title is Differential gears... two entirely different things. Liam, if you could tell us exactly which it is or better yet post a pic or two I'm sure you will get the help you need. I have some spares for many different tractors as do several other members. Welcome to the Club, I'm sure you will find it the best ten bucks you'll ever spend on your tractors....

Thanks everyone for the help with the differential. I was able to get all the parts I need to rebuild it from Pierce.