Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
5K4LIFE

414 AC - TROUBLE STARTING

5K4LIFE
I moved into my new house just before the winter, and unfortunately the old girl spent a few cold months under a tarp in the cold.[V] I drained the gas before I tarped her. I put fresh gas and a fully charged battery in, and she cranks over but won't start. Could it be something as simple as a spark plug? I put a new one in towards the end of last season. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Wishin2BMowin
Have you pulled the spark plug to see if it's dry or wet with gas? If it's dry then it's not getting gas into the cylinder. Carb could be plugged up with gummed up fuel or maybe the float is stuck. Try tapping (lightly) on the side of the carb. That will free up the float. If it's wet then try a new plug but just put it in the plug wire first and crank the starter and check to see if you are getting spark. If your not getting spark then it's the points or something else with the electronics. Best of luck...