Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
john-holcomb

mower deck bearings

john-holcomb
I thought I would pass this along, the last bearings I got from my dealer were Hoover bearings made off shore and were OK but only lasted a couple of years. Since then I have used Torrington/Fafnir bearings made in the US and they last better. You can get them from any bearing supply [Motion,Applied,Welker] they are a Ag series bearing P204RR6 ag farm line bearing. I pay $6.12 each. Retail on line they are $10.53 each. HAPPY MOWING 8D:D

John, Thanks I've put this in my notes. I did a little comparison searching also, but I can't find a price as low as $6.12. I also found that there are two versions of the P204RR6, one version was the economy version at $6.95 the other had five extra digits on P204RR6 (P204RR6A4362)was $8.95 stating a 500 hours life. Seems you pay more for supposedly a better bearing. I am planning on restoring a few decks for this summer, so your post is of high interest to me. Again thanks.

comet66
Hoover bearings used to be made in Ann Arbor. About 30 years or so ago NSK bought them out. Now NSK bearings are made in Ann Arbor and Hoover are made off shore. Point of origin sure is confusing any more. NSK is scheduled to close this plant later this year and take this work off shore as well.