Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Johnugent

Simplicity Mulching Deck?

Johnugent
I just bought my first tractor, a used simplicity 5212.5 hydrostatic, and know little about it. Anyway, I was hoping to put a mulching deck on it. At the moment I have a deck that blows grass to the side and shoots it up to two sacks on back. Unfortunately I have no place to dump the grass and would like to mulch it back into the soil. The local dealer said they do not make a mulching deck for it. Is the best I can do to put mulching blades on it?

Ronald Hribar
On several models they offered a kit to convert deck to mulching deck. Consisted of mulching blades , block off plate for discharge and skirting material for around deck. I have a newer Broodmor with such a kit installed. If grass is not too tall or too wet it does very well.

gjh
I bought some gator blades end of last season for my 3416H 48" deck. I block off the chute with a 2x4 screwed on from the top of the deck. I don't feel it cuts the grass up enough. I have a Toro self propelled 21" mulcher & it works great. I think I need to build some scuppers on the underside of the deck like on my Toro to re-circulate the clippings. Anyone fabricate something like this? Where is a wind tunnel when you need it!