Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Ryan

Front Mounted Generator

wpr
I did some research and found that Pincor made such generators to fit Cub Cadet tractors. Pincor sold all of its assets to SML near Chicago and now, apparently, parts for the older products are very hard to find. Found most of this out searching the forums at [url]http://www.smokstak.com/forum/[/url]

HubbardRA
If that is designed for a Cub Cadet, then it will turn the wrong direction when mounted on a Simplicity. Depending on the alternator, that may or may not be a problem.

ReedS
I had a generator just like that but with the M-W (Montgomery-Ward) name on it. I traded it off to another club member some time ago so I don't know where it is now. I had made a rear mount for it.

MDB
Ryan, I have one just like that, I bought it from my Father inlaw. He had it mounted on the front of a JD-316. I made up my own bracket to mount on the back of any of my Simps or ACs. And I believe these units are bydirectional.

ZippoVarga
Even if it doesnt run in the right direction....you can ALWAYS rig something up to make it work. Nothing like portable power out in the field. Especially when you dont have to heft it there. IMO!