Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Front Mounted Generator

Ryan

Received this through an e-mail the other day. I cannot find any information on it. Does anyone know what it fits? I am going to pick it up this weekend. Thanks!

I did some research and found that Pincor made such generators to fit Cub Cadet tractors. Pincor sold all of its assets to SML near Chicago and now, apparently, parts for the older products are very hard to find. Found most of this out searching the forums at [url]http://www.smokstak.com/forum/[/url]

If that is designed for a Cub Cadet, then it will turn the wrong direction when mounted on a Simplicity. Depending on the alternator, that may or may not be a problem.

I had a generator just like that but with the M-W (Montgomery-Ward) name on it. I traded it off to another club member some time ago so I don't know where it is now. I had made a rear mount for it.

Ryan, I have one just like that, I bought it from my Father inlaw. He had it mounted on the front of a JD-316. I made up my own bracket to mount on the back of any of my Simps or ACs. And I believe these units are bydirectional.

If it's bi-directional or rotates in the correct direction then heck yeah pick it up. You can always make it fit.

Even if it doesnt run in the right direction....you can ALWAYS rig something up to make it work. Nothing like portable power out in the field. Especially when you dont have to heft it there. IMO!