Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Vacuum Collector System on a B210

RobS

I'm considering setting up a Vacuum Collector System on one of my B210's but I'm worried about the power with having to run the deck and the vacuum off the single 10 horse. My property is flat so hills are not an issue. Anyone find this to be a problem? Is the trac vac style with the dedicated engine the way to go? Appreciate all feedback - Thanks!

I've got a dedicated engine vacuum and it worked nicely except I need to buy a jumpsuit and respirator. After cutting the lawn and picking up the spring clean up, I was sneazing and the machine & I were covered with dust. I am still planning on using the vacuum, but thought you'd want some planning knowledge. I am sure when the ground is not as dry, you get less dust. As for using a 10hp, I've not tested that yet. I personally like the speed and get my lawn cut as fast as possible; I'd expect you'd need to run slower but it would all work.

I ran mine on my B-210 with a 42" deck with no problems, even on some fairly steep hills. I've also used it on my 3112V with 48" deck with no problems. I would not recommend it on a 10HP machine with a 48" deck, as it does take "all the engine has" to operate it, at full throttle and the governor engaged, especially on hills with a full cart of grass/leaves. I like the PTO-driven kind. One less engine to maintain, and one less engine to start up, engage and control... But, I haven't owned nor used one with a separate engine...

I run the A/C vac system on my 10 hp B110 and it is great on level ground but does labor a little on the one steep hill that I have. My engine has never been rebuilt so there is probably some power loss there. I did use a 5HP trac vac that seemed to have a bit more suction but eventually blew the engine and switched over to the A/C system.The A/C cart is alot easier to get around those tight spaces than the Trac Vac.As Kent stated why have to worry about another engine to mantain and feed gas to.I have enough trouble keeping 7 tractors running so I appreciate one less to worry about.

ROBS I use one now on a 910A/C but i don't use a trailer i took a vac box that came off a toro mower and made a bracket to mount it all together and it all hang on the back like it normally would. the 10hp pull all of fine. i run the engine wide open and A/C IN SECOND GEAR. this is what it look like. i can also dump it without getting off the mower.it look better mounted. JJ[img]/club2/attach/jj marshall/VAC 009.jpg[/img]