Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Old Manuals to share

farmerik

I am a new member here, from N.E. CT. I recently aquired a number of old Simplicity and Wards manuals from the late 40's or early 50's. I see no copyright on them. They are for one 2 wheel tractor and several attachments. Who can I contact here to see if they can be posted? I am a computer idiot, but I could photo copy them, and mail them to someone, or bring them to someones house who can scan them while I wait. They total about 33 pages. - FARMERIK

Hi and welcome to the group. The Simplicity website has many online manuals for products dating back into the 50's, though I doubt they go back to the 40's. I don't know if there is any call for those or not, since there aren't that many of the walker guys here. There's a guy on here with a good website about the walker tractors, Karl Brandt. His web site is at www.simplicityva.com There are also a few parts of manuals Kent has posted in the walker section of Simpletractors. You might look to see if they are already there or not. Thank You for offering to share your manuals.

Hello, I'd be interested in a copy of the manuals. I'd bet there are quite a few guys who tinker with the old Wards and Simplicity walkers. I do and they are quite a bit of fun. If you don't end up finding a place to scan the copies, I'd be interested in photocopies of what you have.

Thanks, I have emailed Karl sereral times, and he has been very helpful. I'll ask him if he wants them. ORANGE- please email me your address. I couldn't figure out how to find your address, but I gave mine when I loged in, and indicated it should be available to others, so I hope you can find it.--- I don't see much of any interest in the 2 wheelers here.- FARMERIK in CT.

I bought a scanner today, and my son posted the Tractor manual in the Files section of the YAHOO group, simplicitywalkingtractors [or something like that]. I listed the attachment manuals in a message there and offered to put those in the files there too, if anyone wants to down load them. ORANGE- if you don't find them, email me. I haven't seen any of these at Karl Brants site or Simple tractors. - FARMERIK