Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

707 lights pics?

batty54

New owner of a a pair of 707's with electric start but no lights.I was hoping someone might have a picture of the headlight kit, actually how they mount. Are there any good original looking light out there? Thanks

The light mounting bracket is nothing but some round tubing that is flatten down on the ends with the light mounting holes drilled..The light bracket (tubing) mounts to the grille support tube just below the hood..I have a couple of the light brackets that I could get a picture of if you wish..If it wasn't dark in the shed I would run out and get you a pic. now.. Hope this helps

Thanks for the reply, I checked out your page, nice restoration on the MF. Looks like the 707 will be a winner too.I don't plan on restoring the 707 it is in great shape paint isn't all worn off the clutch. The original owner kept it inside it's whole life. The parts machine is a different story though, but had the HI/Lo which I am putting on the good one. The lights would be a nice addition when I get to them, too many spring projects to go yet.