Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sickle Bar Knife Resource Found

Ryan

I think I found a source for replacement sickle bar knives for the AC and Simplicity sickle bars. They look to be the same knife. They are available through TroyBuilt. Part # GW-P4067. They are costly at $4.26 a piece, but are readily available. Have a great day!

When I was at GOTO in NY last summer, Sandy Lake was there and they had knives for $5 each. These are specifically for the Simplicity sickle bar mowers. Sandy Lake is also one of our sponsors, and they are very nice to work with.

Point taken. If you are in a pench, they will work. The savings is only $15.54, plus whatever it costs to ship them, for the 21 knives to complete the bar. That a case and a half of beer!

Ryan, My bar has good knives. From experience, I know that if you hit something it usually only damages one or two knives. What I was meaning to say was that I should have bought a few extra knives from Sandy Lake while I was there at GOTO, and stuck them in my pocket. No shipping when I bring them home with me. Now if I need one, I have to pay shipping. Guess hindsight is always 20-20. I already have a couple extra rock guards.

I have to rebuild my whole bar. So I need all 21 knives and the bar. It is not going to be very fun drilling all of those holes.

Ryan from my farm day I remembered that we groud the head of the rivit off and then took a round punch and punched them out.If all the knive are being replaced you don't care if they get ground a little. Now that I think about it I believe we ground the side of the rivet that was braded.

Ryan, I put a new bar in mine (made by Howard Tews). The bar came with it when I got it from Roy. I installed and headed all 46 of the rivets. I ground the heads off of the rivets to remove the knives from the broken bar.