Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Charlieson

Conquest update

Charlieson
My new conquest is great. However I have one complaint. The blankety blank seat switch. With my yard, I spend a lot of time sitting on one side of the seat or the other to balance things out. I cant do this with the seat switch. Thought maybe I could bypass it with a jumper. Nope. Anyone been able to disable this stupid switch?

rs07
Dwayne, Flip the seat up. You will see that the seat switch assembly is held on with 2 regular screws. Remove the 2 screws. After pulling the switch off the base of the seat, you will see that the switch is actually one big button. Depress the button. Take some electrical tape and wrap the tape around it a few times while keeping the button depressed. The tape will hold it if you wrap it around a few times. Then you can screw the switch back to the base of the seat like it was before. This worked for me on my Conquest. Now you bypassed the switch without cutting any wires. I do not recommend cutting any wires, as doing this may cause warranty problems with your new Conquest.

SmilinSam
You can also bend one tab over on the switch so it does not contact when the wires are pugged back in. You have to bend the correct one though, and I don't remember which one. Consider that the switch is there for liability reasons and a dealer cannot advise anyone as how to disable a safety system. Also , if you machine is taken in for dealer service, the dealer , to my knowledge , has to put all the safety systems back into working order before it leaves their shop at the owners expense. At least this is what I'm starting to hear from insured repair shops and dealers in my area. So, to save one some time and $$$$ owners should be able to quickly restore their safety systems to working condition before they take their machines in for service, or they may be paying the shop time and parts to do it there.