Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

[?]PowerMax Power Steering?

eagle5473

I dont think they did.That is way there are few guys here that has put power steering on there.And i have drove one with powersteering and it is nice.Just my 2 cents Tony

Thanks for the help, I have seen the threads about the "Custom" PS units, but I dont think I am ready to tear my 720 down and start cutting the fram to make things fit was hoping for factoy bolt on ....I guess I can keep dreeming and using my wheel spinner......

My brother has a AC 917 with power steering. It looks to be original factory, but I could be wrong. All I know is that it works great, and makes me very jellous!!.

Is it that you don't feel up to doing the modifications or do you just not want to do any chopping on the tractor? All buttoned back up you can't tell it's ever been done except the cyl. on the frame where the draglink used to be on mine. Works tooo good. If you want to bring me the tractor I'll do the conversion for you. Since I now know what to do. They say 3rd times the charm, Right? Did you see the post I had on this in show and tell? I'm kinda proud how well it turned out.

Dave, I have pictures you sent me and it looks kinda involved for me at this point... Thanks for the offer I might take you up on it in the future..... I just got a new ball bering spinner from tractor supply last week works like a charm

Dave, I saw your writeup in the show and tell section showing the original cylinder. Looks good! Do you have any pics of the new cylinder on frame mounting? Jim

I'm still useing the side mounted cyl. on the frame where the drag link was. However, when I get further down the road with my diesel engine convertion, I'll replace it with a more centered underframe mounted cyl. like the larger tractors. It all just takes time and money. Both of whitch I'm short of right now. But I will post some updated pics as soon as I get some resonable progess made.