Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Another Freebie Find!!!! It's home now.

ZippoVarga

Hey!!!! Lookie!!!! I'm :D from ear to ear. This was "donated" lastnight. A quick carb cleaning, oil change, battery and a shot of ether and not even a puff of smoke. Started right up, checked the charging system, A-OK there. Mix matched rear tires and a split sidewall on one of the front tires....but after a shot of ATV Sealant it's holding air now too. 48inch deck needs blades and has a rust hole i can put my hand through but the rest of the tractor...as you can see in the pics.....has no rust. 10 Inch Mouldboard, dozer blade and an optional electric rear pto lift!! Not a bad looker/worker for free! :D:D:D [img]/club2/attach/zippovarga/314b.JPG[/img] [img]/club2/attach/zippovarga/314d.JPG[/img] [img]/club2/attach/zippovarga/314.JPG[/img] [img]/club2/attach/zippovarga/314a.JPG[/img] My first A/C,RBT and Kohler all in one nice package. It's a 314 for any one who cant see it on the side cover. Best I can tell it's a 1971. It's had some modifications to the throttle and to the choke which can easily be put back to the stock locations with the stock levers which are still in place. There is a little "rattle" when shut down and it's coming from the BGB/drive shaft area. I'll look into it more when I have the tractor on the lift. Probably tomorrow. Rode it around the yard at idle. With the variable drive and 3 speed gear box combined this thing will CRAWL which will come in handy with that mouldboard. Has an after market muffler on it that makes it REAL quiet and it also scorched the paint a little from being too close to the front grill mount. It had a bath before the pictures. Otherwise you would have sworn it was a Green Machine. Gotta love the preserving properties of grease and moss. Sean

Not many get a free tractor that looks that good. Congrats... and enjoy! Oh, and you can :D some more too.

Just to clarify things here.......through the grins that is. This tractor was given to my Girl Friend who in turn brought it to me. I do have to provide her with a tractor in it's place if it's to stay here where it will be cared for like one of the family. Hmm.....which one to give her. I think the red one would look good in her barn. heehee!

quote:
Originally posted by ZippoVarga
Hmm.....which one to give her. I think the red one would look good in her barn. heehee!
LOL! :D How about a green & yellow one?

quote:
Just to clarify things here.......through the grins that is. This tractor was given to my Girl Friend who in turn brought it to me. I do have to provide her with a tractor in it's place if it's to stay here where it will be cared for like one of the family. Hmm.....which one to give her. I think the red one would look good in her barn. heehee!
oh my:Dthats a nice ride for free.

Chris, No.....unfortunately it was partially repainted in 1992 by the dealer it was traded off to before it was sold for 1400 dollars to the previous owners father who passed it down about 8 years ago. The previous owner did two things with it.....started it, mowed. Fortunately these tractors are not like automobiles where they see daily use. The paint is in very good shape considering it's been an out side tractor for the past 10 or so years. Like i mentioned, the dirt really helped preserve this tractor. Near as I can tell the only parts repainted were the seat pan and running boards and they appeared to have been removed for this as there is no evidence of overspray anywhere. It's a tight old tractor that's only recently been slightly abused. Should make a nice addition none the less.

;)Zippo, Ya beat my free-be hands down!!:D As Robin said, "Nice Ride". JJ, we better keep an eye on Zippo, he will be gathering all the good parts.;) That is really cool when they just fall in your lap, isn't it? Joe

You couldn't beat a deal like that with a stick!! I think you should at least take the little lady out to dinner, and then let her drive the tractor around your yard some. (With the mower running of course.) Congradulations!

Sean Free? Doesn't get much better than that, especially in working ordering! At least, give your chick a free ride in the dump cart, they always like that a lot...and that might suffice.

Thanks all!! I went through it a little more today. No end play in the BGB anywhere. Drive shaft was loose at the motor. Tightened it up and no vibration. Have the vari-drive a once over. Other than just being neglected grease wise it's none the worse for wear. It has the original owners manual under the seat along with the manuals for all the atachments so i've been going through those for the maintenance points and just doing everything. As for Chris, she's taking a motorcycle training course this weekend. That'll be her main priority for a while so I can be stingy with this...lol. But i will eventually give her a ride.....on the tractor too. hehe

That's in great shape, especially for free. All i've got for free so far is my ford 140. I'd love to get an A/C for free:D

quote:
My first A/C,RBT and Kohler all in one nice package. It's a 314 for any one who cant see it on the side cover. Best I can tell it's a 1971. It's had some modifications to the throttle and to the choke which can easily be put back to the stock locations with the stock levers which are still in place. There is a little "rattle" when shut down and it's coming from the BGB/drive shaft area. I'll look into it more when I have the tractor on the lift. Probably tomorrow. Rode it around the yard at idle. With the variable drive and 3 speed gear box combined this thing will CRAWL which will come in handy with that mouldboard. Has an after market muffler on it that makes it REAL quiet and it also scorched the paint a little from being too close to the front grill mount. It had a bath before the pictures. Otherwise you would have sworn it was a Green Machine. Gotta love the preserving properties of grease and moss. Sean
Actually, thats the stock muffler. It's a common problem with the paint getting burnt off. They are nice and quiet, but very expensive.

Thanks Max....What made me think it was an after market was it's peculiar angle and tight proximity to the left front grill support. Looks like a thin heat shield would remedy that issue. That or a stack!!