Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hydro lifts are nice!

Paul_B

I just found my dad a nice 7117 with hydro lift. Tonight I hooked his tiller up and played with it for a minute. Sure beats lifting a tiller by hand. I manually lift my 38" tiller.[:0] Now my 3416H has a manual lift with a vickers hydro . Can I add a hydro lift on it or would I be best to locate a newer hydrolift chassis that needs a motor? My 16HP briggs has <5 hours on a rebuild, so I don't want to part with it!

Paul, chech out my earthmoving pics, we put the blade on the hydro lift tractor, just too hard to always be adjusting the blade by hand for 3 to 4 hours. I get real spoilled with the lift. I would suggest checking out the electric lifts for the 7000's on your 3416H.

quote:
Originally posted by cwm1276
Paul, chech out my earthmoving pics, we put the blade on the hydro lift tractor, just too hard to always be adjusting the blade by hand for 3 to 4 hours. I get real spoilled with the lift. I would suggest checking out the electric lifts for the 7000's on your 3416H.
I love the 917 with hydraulic lift, sure beats manual and is quicker too when moving snow. Now we just picked up the angle from the seat blade:). Of course its just after winter finishes. At leas I have it for next year though.

I've seen electric lifts, but would much rather have a hydro lift. Guess I need to keep my eyes open for a hydro lift chassis...

I can tell you how to hook up a hydrolift on a 7000 series with a Sunstrand hydro, but don't know anything about a Vickers. Sorry.

Club member Karl_Brandt has a hydrolift hooked up on a vickers. He'll be able to tell you how to hook it up.