Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

today's auction

dav

The local Kubota/Simplicity/whatever dealer held the annual auction today. It was a tradition when I moved here in '87. Although the dealership has changed hands, the tradition has been carried on. Because I work next door, I managed to preview things last night. Today I bugged out 'early' to try my luck. Because things were not sold sequentially, I waited 5 hours in the drizzle before I got my chance. Most had been there much longer than I. Came home with a 2012 parts tractor. Need the BGB for my wife's Landlord. The missing parts; hydrolift, carb, gas tank, are compensated for by the hi-lo, 2 decks, snowblower, and sickle bar that came with it. 'Coarse, some parts are just waiting for the first tractor show... Almost bid on a WonderBoy 'cause some things are so ugly they are fascinating ' (that thinking explains my Fiat and my VW Cabriolets). The next project will be to get 'she who must be obeyed!' to decide which one, the 2012 or the 2110, gets restored.

quote:
Originally posted by dav
Almost bid on a WonderBoy 'cause some things are so ugly they are fascinating ' (that thinking explains my Fiat and my VW Cabriolets).
LOL! Sounds like you did alright. We need Pics!

I have wanted to go to that auction but just never seem to get there. It sounds like you did very well. Was there much Simplicity or AC stuff there ? That was the auction on route 125 in Southern NH ?

Dav i was there last week getting some parts for my anual tune ups and i saw the flyiers, the counter guyu said that there was stuff coming all the way up from FL. I wanted to go but there was no way i could get out of work :( glad to see that it was worth it for you. What kind of stuff did they have? any small kubotas (bx22,23's ) going for resonable prices? good luck with your purchase

Yes, that was the auction at MB Tractors on 125 in Plaistow, NH. It's usually the last Saturday of April. Before I developed 'tractoritis', I used to vilify the people who screwed traffic up so badly on the main road. Yesterday, I muttered nasty things at the gawking grocery shoppers who just had to drive by the auction and screw up traffic for those of us trying to load up and move out. There were about a half dozen Simps. Tuffy scored a 7016, I think. The Wonderboy sold for, I think, $40 and the 637 for about $50. I didn't pay much attention to anything else. I didn't want to get caught up in the excitment and buy stuff I can live without. Now that the sun is starting to break thru the clouds, I guess it's time to triage the load. Don't even know where to put the 'keepers'. (I'm supposed to be cleaning up prior to selling but it doesn't look like I'm getting much accomplished).

Sounds like you did good! I'd vote for the 2110, cause I just did one :D pics please...

Actually, she picked the 2012 to be restored. I didn't try to influence her decision, although I'm partial to roundhoods. Unfortunatly, I discovered that the right axle got broken while we were loading the tractor into the pick up with the forktruck. I was going to fix up the sicklebar to sell but I think i'll sell that as a parts bar. I'm running out of time to finish projects before packing to sell. The state is supposed to have the water tests back Wednesday. The junkyard across the street has polluted the groundwater with MTBE. If we passed, we are calling the realtor to bring her sign Thursday. the pollution is not why we are selling. We just don't want to deal with snow anymore...ever! The day we sign a purchase agreement, I will sell the snow blowers and snow blades and all our (read that as 'my')snow shovels!