Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Small Engine Class

jjouelle

Hey guys, Some of you may remember, some time in November, after having the carburator of my 64 Landlord rebuilt by someone else, I took the tractor back from the guy because there was no spark left. I figured I would fix it myself, even though I'm not a mechanic, so I am taking a small engine class at the community college. I am glad to report success!!! After I replaced the coil and those (garbage) points made oversees with original Briggs, she fired right up :D:D:D. I want to thank everyone that replied to my questions and to all on this site for all the knowledge I've gained just by reading the posts. Hey Ambler, notice the old plow on the front; all new now:I [url="pop_download.asp?mode=Edit&dir=jjouelle&file=16488"][img]images/disk.gif[/img][/url]

8DWay to go John. Congrats on the class. I took some night classes long ago at the local Vo-Tech. That led to 30 years as a welder/fabricator. Toward the end of that I got interested in drawing in Auto CAD, I went back to the same school. Now I am a draftsman, full time, for a civil engineering firm. ;)So in my opinion those adult night courses are worth there weight in gold. Joe

Glad to see that you got it running. Nine times out of ten it is the points that need cleaned or at least that is the way that it is for me. That is why I always replace the points with this electronic ignition module, install and never have problems or at least no yet so far (3 years).

quote:
Originally posted by bigdog46
Will the electronic modules work on a kohler kt17 twin cylinder engine? Thanks.
No, it won't work with battery ignitions.

quote:
Originally posted by johnmonkey
Does the coil need to be intact for the module to work? JH
Yes, this just replaces the points and condenser.

Looks beautiful John, Where did you take the small engine class? I did one in Frederick a year ago. Takes some of the mystery out of it.