Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

controlled traction differential service manual

landlord2110

is there one available for the landlord 2110. I looked for it on under Articles and Service(under the Simple Tractors tool bar). as dicussed in previous topics, I have been having trouble with tractor spinning tires, mowed lawn(with chains left on) and left marks in lawn on slight inclines. I tried adjustments on set screws but didnt help.

Roy, I have converted my older machines to the newer limited slip units. Even these will spin one wheel if conditions are right. I finally went inside one of these late model units and shimmed the springs to eliminate wheel spin. I have not had a problem with single wheel spin since putting in the shims. It pulls like a locked rear, but still will turn a sharp turn without sliding one wheel. The diff in my 61 Wards came out of a 77 AC 716H. It takes the diff, right hub and axle to make this conversion. I have only seen the parts breakdown for the units. I have not seen a specific manual for the diffs. I figured out the shimming technique on my own. No manuals on any of this that I have seen. I did find a parts breakdown that showed some parts in the wrong order. When I assembled the diff according to the parts breakdown, the rear was locked. Took it back apart and shifted some washers to unlock the diff. I know this doesn't help your problem. Maybe some of the others who still use the older diffs can help you.