Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity getting a new CEO

Al

I live in western Wisconsin. 30 years ago there were many Simplicity/Allis dealerships in the area. During the 80's and 90's the dealerships dwindled down to a couple and I had to drive 20+ miles to find one. Now it is back to having a dealership in town and 4 more within 20 miles. Simplicity is making a comeback in our area, but even so 80% of the public does not know it exists. Most of the guys I know that are under 40 years old have never heard of Simplicity. The few that have heard of them think that they are a light duty equipment company like Murray. Back to my first point -- Sim/Allis tractors that are build before 1980 are common in my area. Sim/Allis tractors build after 1980 are very few.

Green dealers are the ones that think they are gold. Everybody looks at Deere as god and i dont agree with that because they are the only company left besides Agco,& New Holland/CaseIH. I think in my area we have more Simplicity dealers than we did a few ys ago.People think so much of Deere should think twice.I know of one dealer who sold Gold the overpriced green and yellow tractors for over 20 yrs plus who now sells Simplicity,because deere wanted him to expand or he didnt sell enough.I know of a deereequipment dealer who sold green for yrs and the same thing happened.I dont think much of deere.You all can have the overpriced deeres all you want.I will stay with Agco and Simplicity for all my needs.The dealers go out of their way to help me when i go in their dealerships.That is more than i can say for deere.They act like if you dont spend $100,000 plus on a tractor or combine ,they dont want to talk to you.I can take my bussiness anywhere and not be treated that way.I have more respect for Simplicity and Agco because they dont know me from atom and go out of their way to get my bussiness. I am not in adream world on this.There are others who i would amagine who feel the way i do.I am not saying deere isnt any good,i am saying they are overpriced and overrated is all.Their combines and planters are one of the things that keeps them in bussiness,otherwise they wouldnt be what they are today.

quote:
Originally posted by AGCO918
I dont think much of deere.You all can have the overpriced deeres all you want.I will stay with Agco and Simplicity for all my needs.The dealers go out of their way to help me when i go in their dealerships.That is more than i can say for deere.
The Deere dealer I deal with goes out of their way to help me locate parts for my antique machines. Heck they even knocked $300 off the GT-235 I bought. They have treated my family right since we have dealt with them, since 1966, starting with a 5010 farm tractor. It's all in the dealer. Sorry to say your Deere dealers aren't up to snuff.
quote:
They act like if you dont spend $100,000 plus on a tractor or combine ,they dont want to talk to you.I can take my bussiness anywhere and not be treated that way.I have more respect for Simplicity and Agco because they dont know me from atom and go out of their way to get my bussiness.
Like I said, it's all in the dealer, the same could be said about ALL the other manufacturers out there as well.
quote:
I am not saying deere isnt any good,i am saying they are overpriced and overrated is all.
Again, the same could be said about a lot of other things.
quote:
Their combines and planters are one of the things that keeps them in bussiness,otherwise they wouldnt be what they are today.
Tractors are JD's bread and butter. Combines and harvesters are 2nd. Construction Equipment is 3rd and Lawn and Garden equipment is in a distant 4th for their profit makers.

While little is heard of Ingersoll. They are a small company who also want your business. http://www.nhlawn.com/ingersoll.html All is not lost if Briggs goes to the brink. I'm betting, Briggs&Stratton will keep the golden egg and continue the legacy of the Simplicty brand.

I used to collect Ertl tractors so I've been to a number of deere dealers. I had positive experiences at all of them that I can remember. One dealer even opened back up a little after closing just for me to see what they had in new toys. Parts availability for the 110 and 112's is excellent, though not extremely cheap, I wouldn't say the Simplicity parts I've bought were any cheaper.

quote:
Originally posted by AGCO918
I like ingersolls alot as they are the old case line of tractors.Well built.
I wonder why Ingersolls are not more prevelant. The first time i saw an Ingersoll was at a lawn mower race. I did a search after that and found them. I had to call Portland to find a supplier and he said he can get one but he doesn't stock any. So i guess the brand is not dependent on this product to move many.