Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
2980mike

CORRECT MOWER BELT ADJUSTMENT

bud119195
The only think that Ithink that is adjustable is the belt stops on front pto pulleys and on the deck .I usually set them 1/8" from hitting belt,Hope this helps and good luck

dads707
The 728 has a spring loaded idler gear under the deck covers. That is the only adj. for the deck belt. If you are not using a Simplicity belt it might not be up to par.

Al
Hi, On the rod that goes from the has a spring and a set collar on it. When the mower is engaged the collar should be adjusted so there is 1/2" of space between the bracket and the collar. This gives 1/2" of compression to the spring. This 1/2" spec is fairly common with Simplicity "stuff". A little more won't hurt, but don't go past 3/4". Al Eden

firefoxz1
I could have swore that I posted a response to this yesterday. Al gave an answer since then so all I have to add then is to make sure the rod is not bent and the belt is in good shape or else it likes to disengage itself or altleast my 738 did till I straightened the rod.