Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

What is it worth?

rjm

I have a 9020 PowerMax that I was thinking of selling. I was hoping someone could give me an idea of what it is worth. I believe it is a 1979. It has the backhoe and front loader options that are factory installed. I also have a 60" mower deck that I bought a couple of years ago. I was considering putting it on ebay but have know idea where to start with price.

Rjm, That "old" thing is not worth anything, let me do you a favor by giving you $500 and take that old thing off your hands........... Its probably $4k with bucket and backhoe

Robert, welcome to the club. I hope you find all the information you need and that you have more Simplicity stuff after you sell your tractor so you can still enjoy our club. As for the tractor, the loader,backhoe attachments are faily rare and very sought after items. However the overall condition may have a lot to do with the total price. The loader, backhoe, and tractor together should bring at least 3000.00 and I should think to give more people the option of getting involved that you might consider splitting up the items as no dought someone who already has a loader and tractor may just want the backhoe and not want to bid on a whole package. Just some thoughts, Dave.

I will agree with dave split the loader and back hoe and sell the tractor and deck together the loader and back hoe should bring about 1500.00 each IMO. Levi

Maybe I'm wrong but I think the guessing is way low thus far. The Wheel Horse D series that have been on Ebay with loaders and hoes have brought near the $6000.00 figure before, maybe more. If it were mine I'd list it for a minimun of $3850 as a package and see where it went from there. You have to decide what you low dollar will be. Its your toy..

Thanks for information. I kind like the idea of keeping the tractor with just the mower. I like the tractor, it's just that it eats up a lot of garge space. And I've done all the project that require the bucket and hoe.

Keep the tractor and mower sell the loader and back hoe. You need something to cut grass and that a good one.

My d-180 tlb sold for 4500 on ebay and it was in running (but rough shape) I would say your would have to be 4000-6000. Put it on ebay 1 no reserve and it will show you what it will bring real quick. I would bet that you would be very happy with the out come.

Since it's a high value item, put it on ebay for a 10 day listing, use multiple categories and then you'll really know what it's worth. If you don't like the price, cancel the auction for a longer listing time. After seeing what other tractors are selling for with 4WD, I wouldn't value a 2WD larger Simplicity for much. Note: Ebay can be hot/cold so careful when you list it. I am about fed up with poor eBay people, I've had two of them in a row recently. They bid,win and then delay payment... forcing me to wait close to the 21 day dispute period. So one key tip with listing your tractor, if you choose a buy-it now... make them pay immediately.