Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

destruction ends, construction soon to begin

TBOLT

[img]/club2/attach/tbolt/yard pics 102.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/tbolt/yard pics 112.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/tbolt/yard pics 135.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/tbolt/yard pics 149.jpg[/img] Heres some pics of my latest project. I tore down the old house and burned it, salvaged some of the wood and tin. The house was my grandmas and I purchased it from my uncles estate several years ago, it joined the property where I Live. Hated to see the old house go but I'm gonna build in the exact spot. The grapple amazed me. I moved entire wall/roof/porch sections at a time and would just rip em from the house. The entire project lasted 4 days and I believe I could have did it in a day had I not tried to salvage any wood and tin. It burned up very fast.

Yea, It's hard to see old houses go. Especially since it was your grandmothers. We just did a live burn on an early 1900's 2 story victorian farm house. After salvaging through stuff they set it a fire at 6:00pm and it was on the ground in about 30 minutes. The dried out wood burns fast. My local power equiptment guy donated the house so he could expand his building, because his showroom floor is rather small and to the left where the house stood was the only way to do it. The pictures of our burn are on the front page of the department's website. [url]www.cvfd-fire.org[/url]

believe it or not, no flats. The grapple has a root rake and I kept everything plowed up in a neat little pile. The old house had a well under its porch, not sure what the codes are on building near one but I'd really like to keep it because it's hand dug about 60 feet with a solid rock bottom. I thought it would be nice to draw up a bucket from time to time.

Believe it or not I have a similar situtation here. I've been on hold til I could get the approval from our conservation commision, now that's done I can go ahead to the next step and take the building down. Once that's done and the town approves my plans I'll be adding an addition to my current house.

quote:
Originally posted by TBOLT
believe it or not, no flats. The grapple has a root rake and I kept everything plowed up in a neat little pile. The old house had a well under its porch, not sure what the codes are on building near one but I'd really like to keep it because it's hand dug about 60 feet with a solid rock bottom. I thought it would be nice to draw up a bucket from time to time.
I would expect the county would have you protect it or fill it in. I agree on the drawing up a bucket. It will well up the memories.

• 7 months later...
It is hard to see familys houses go down.I remember my grandparents farm house and barns being tore dow 20 yrs ago .Seems like yesterday.I like the loadersetup on the front of the tractor.I see people move round bales with them.