Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Attaching Mower Deck

beuce

I don't suppose anyone would post a detailed picture on how a mower deck (48") attaches to a Homelite T-16 or AC/Simplicity equivalent? I'm not sure how the lift cable attaches to the deck. Thanks a bunch :) Brian

There is a pin (bolt) with a hole thru it that sticks thru the pulley covers. The cable attaches to that with a pin.

Rod, OK, I have two decks, one that fits my 3112v, and a different style one that appears to have the bolt. Am I correct to assume that the deck that fits the 3112v will not fit the T-16 with out modifications? I only have enough parts to get one deck up and running and was hoping to use one deck for both machines. Thanks for your insight!

Beuce, I don't know the subtle differences between the two decks. I do know that you can make a bolt for the lift to attach to. I made one for the mower deck that I currently use. I rebuilt this deck last summer. The one from another deck was too long and would not lift the deck high enough. I have three 48" decks but two still need rebuilt for both rust and bearings. All of the decks that I have are interchangeable. If the deck hooks to the front axle properly, has the correct size driven pulley, and has the right lift connection, then it can be used.

Oh man, I didn't even think about the pulley size differance. I am sure the older deck has a smaller diameter pully then the newer deck... Thanks, Rod, for your help, I will get it figured out one way or another. brian

Either deck will fit. If you use the one off of the 3112 you will need a different belt thats all. I have a deck that goes on a HB 212 on my 917H.