Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
RickS

How did I do?

RickS
I was reading the local trader magazine and found an ad for a Simplicity grader blade in my town! Went over to take a look at it, the owner was using it on a Club. The owner did not modify the Simplicity hitch, instead he made an adaptor to attach the hitch to the club. Made an over of 100 (he was asking 175), we settled on 125. The blade is over 15 years old, but was barely used. It was stored outside so the hitch has some surface rust on it. The blade is 40 inches wide. The hitch arms are 7 inches apart, I need 10, so I must modify the hitch. I plan on mounting this to a 3416. I have a dirt driveway and a grader blade will be a big help this fall when I spread stone dust /crusher dust. Rick........

You did well. Yes, a grader blade can take a poor looking gravel driveway and give it new life. Otherwise, you need to drive backwards with a dozer blade or "maybe use a rear blade"... don't know if they will do as well as a grade blade...

KSever
Rick, More than likely you have come across another Grader Blade for a Simplicity Broadmoor. I had one about a year ago and traded the hitch for a Large tractor frame size hitch, we made the swap and now both of us were happy. Instead of modifying a good hard to come by hitch, You may want to ask around on here or better yet post a want ad in the classifieds to trade for a Large frame grader blade since your grader blade is actually one of the hard to find blades for the Broadmoors.

RayS

Rick, If you can find a 42 inch snow blade the hitch for that will also work with very little modification. Here is a picture of a grader blade with the hitch reversed from a 42 inch snow blade.