Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Doesn't hurt to stop and ask about a tractor

Nick

I was up near Clyde's Saturday. Sorry I didn't get a chance to stop. I was with my neighbor and he had to be somewhere at 4:00. We stopped at a junk shop just past Lower Granite Rd. I noticed there was a Big-Ten sitting over the bank. I inquired about and it's unfortunetly not for sale. He uses it to mow his lawn. Oh well, It doesn't hurt to stop and ask anyway, as you might actually hit gold. I did by some stuff to re-sell on eBay though.

I've asked about that one a couple of times - same story. He has a snow blower for it also. Always seemed funny since it looks like everything else he has is for sale! (And BTW I wasn't home anyway - in Georgia for work 'till the 14th).

I have lived by this slogan my whole life: "The answer is always no until you ask". I have annoyed a few people, but I picked up a few good deals that way, including my 7016 with the snowblower and Peco vac for $200.00, just sitting out in a driveway.

Saw the snowblower off to the side. He also had what appeared to be a Huffy ride-on. he didn't want to sell that either. I asked about the drill press he had on the porch wanted $150.00. I didn't need it that bad. some of the stuff I bought should net me a decent profit so I can buy for tractor stuff. :D I picked up my B-110 by just asking. If I waited a week later it would have been scrap. Theres a guy who has a few mowers for sale up the road here. He has a B-series AC sitting on it's side (parts tractor) I have to ask about I know it's got a frame and a grill which I need. Don't know what kind of shape it is in otherwise.